Wellington's evening daily, the Evening Post, occupied this grand building on Willis Street from 1928. This photo, taken that year, shows a large billboard erected on the frontage to display the general election results as they came to hand. Huge crowds would fill the streets outside on election night. The building was sold in 2002 after the Evening Post merged with the Dominion to become the Dominion Post, and all staff were moved to nearby Boulcott Street.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.