The Raglan County Chronicle began publishing in the small Waikato town in 1903, and this photo of its first office was taken soon afterwards. The window on the left announces that it is the editorial office, while the right-hand one shows that the building is also the Raglan Land Agency. This building burned down in 1927 but the paper survived until 1973. The Raglan New Chronicle appeared from 1988, becoming the Raglan Chronicle in 2004. In the 2010s it was a free weekly.
Using this item
Raglan and District Museum
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.