This Mark II Cherub-class yacht, Interlude, was built in 1958 and proved a successful competitor. In 1952 John Spencer’s radical plywood dinghy Cherub had created great interest, especially among younger yachties. It could be built at home, and was very fast and light, with square bilges. A year later a Cherub class was launched, and within 10 years it became an international class.
Using this item
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.