By 1910 many small dairy factories had been established throughout Northland to service numerous ‘billycan’ dairy farms. By the 1960s, improved roads and new technology had led to the closure of many of these factories. By the 2000s there were only a few major dairy processing plants, including this one at Maungaturoto.
Using this item
Te Ara – The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Photograph by Shirley Williams
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 New Zealand Licence