The Three Kings Islands, named by Dutch explorer Abel Tasman in 1643, lie 53 kilometres north-west of Cape Maria van Diemen. In the foreground of the group is West Island, on which the trans-Tasman steamer Elingamite was wrecked in 1902.
Using this item
Photograph by Lloyd Homer
Permission of GNS Science must be obtained before any use of this image.