When polytechnic tertiary education began in 1962, the Wellington School of Design, established in 1886, became the first in the system to offer a three-year, full-time professional programme. This 1963 newsreel shows some of the first full-time students training to become industrial designers. The ergonomics teacher is the head of the school, James Coe.
Using this item
Archives New Zealand - Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga
Reference: Pictorial Parade 143. National Film Unit, 1963
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence