This Weekly review from 1950 shows the second house built by the Group Architects practice in Auckland. The members had come together in 1946 as the Architectural Group, when they were only second-year students at Auckland University. The house was built by the architects themselves in Takapuna. It was designed as an example of a cheap, practical dwelling, with a light and airy modernist style suiting local conditions and informal ways of living.
Using this item
Archives New Zealand - Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga
Reference: Weekly Review 455. National Film Unit, 1950
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 New Zealand Licence