Flags and cheering fill the air as the Salvation Army's training school in Aro Street, Wellington, opens in April 1914. This building housed the college where officers of the Army received practical and spiritual training for their work. It closed in the 1970s and a new Salvation Army training college was built in Upper Hutt. In 2019 the Aro Street building was used by the School of Practical Philosophy.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.