The Jon Jansen furniture firm was founded in 1951 by Auckland businessman Lincoln Laidlaw. It imported modern furniture and made a limited range of designs under licence. The firm also employed two recent Dutch immigrants, Edzer Roukema and Jan Knoll, who designed original furniture. This 1952 advertisement highlights some of the company's Scandinavian-influenced designs.
Using this item
Te Ara - The Encyclopedia of New Zealand
Reference: Building progress. No. 1 plan book, 100 house plans. Auckland: H. G. Dalton & Co, 1952
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.