Cricklewood was the site of the first homestead on Albury Station in South Canterbury. James Preston’s watercolour from around 1875 shows the homestead sheltered by young pine trees. A woolshed and barn are in the foreground. Further away are dog kennels, and near them a gallows for hanging sheep carcasses killed for mutton and dog tucker.
Using this item
Permission of the Alexander Turnbull Library, National Library of New Zealand, Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa, must be obtained before any re-use of this image.