Sulfur from White Island was shipped to to Sulphur Point, in Tauranga Harbour, where a small superphosphate manufacturing works was built. That plant was demolished in 1900.
Using this item
Tauranga City Libraries
Photograph by Laura Dunnage
This item has been provided for private study purposes (such as school projects, family and local history research) and any published reproduction (print or electronic) may infringe copyright law. It is the responsibility of the user of any material to obtain clearance from the copyright holder.