In 1880 the Canterbury Cricket and Athletic Sports Company purchased a ground on Ferry Road in Christchurch, which they named Lancaster Park. This pavilion was put up and the first game was played against a visiting England side in January 1882.
Using this item
Canterbury Museum, Canterbury Pilgrims and Early Settlers' Association Collection
Photograph by Burton Brothers
Permission of Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch, New Zealand must be obtained before any re-use of this image.